Saturday, November 1, 2008

birds of a feather ...

This week as been a disaster. Monday I worked from 5:30-2:45. Tuesday, from 5:30-10:30. Wednesday, my scheduled day off. Thursday from 5:30-2:15. Friday, from 5:30-8:30 and today, Saturday, I called in ... for the first time ever. 

I am 16 hours short for the week. I have 2 options to make up the hours: Either A) use 16 of my remaining 64 vacation hours or B) work 16 hours of overtime next week to make up for it. 

Option B should not be a problem. I'm starting to feel better. I am not really nauseous any more and my fever is definitely down so I will be going to work on Monday regardless. 

I find it funny that I was the 1st in my family to get the flu, and the last to recover. I got sick on Monday. My dad got sick on Tuesday (supposed food poisoning from White Castle). My brother got sick on Thursday (supposed food poisoning from Taco Bell) I got sicker on Friday as did my mom. My dad spent yesterday taking care of my mom & I and today everyone but me is going about their daily routines. 

Me, however, am almost finished with season 3 of Grey's Anatomy, which I started watching yesterday. I finally ate 5 saltines, which is the first thing I've eaten since dinner Thursday night (it's 4:45pm Saturday right now). I've lost 7 pounds in 2 days. There is half a bowl of Halloween candy sitting on the counter by the front door and I really want to eat it.

Okay, my head is starting to hurt from sitting up for too long.

No comments: