Sunday, November 16, 2008

I have a guilty conscience

So something semi-major has happened to me. It's a long story but to summarize the MAIN manager of the service department at Abt (he's incharge of service, parts, dispatch, routing AND the technicians) asked me if he could steal me from parts and put me in routing. He told my boss about it before asking me and she, of course, told me to prepare me ... and, what I later put together, to brainwash me into staying with her.

That put me in a pickle. Should I stay with her because I know everything, am really good at it, the technicians LOVE me AND she just got me a $1.50 raise that Tony (the main manager) wasn't aware of? Yes, that is reason to stay. However, it is not reason enough to pass up another $1 an hour PLUS a promotion (I would essentially be a manager).

Needless to say I took the job and she is NOT happy AT all. Oh well, I need to get over that.

So, long story short, I start that gig tomorrow and I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Bonus perk ... I no longer have to wake up at 4:30 am to be at work by 5:30. Happy day.

No comments: