Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year New You

Yes New Years resolutions are overrated and yes they are usually lies people tell themselves to try and make themselves feel (and mostly look) better.

Therefore, I am merely making goals. Most people who deal with me on a semi-regular basis know what my strengths and weaknesses are and what about me needs to be rectified. There is truly no time like the present to change what you want to change. These are things I hope to change about myself this coming year.

  • Starting today (and I already did) a coworker and I plan on going to the (free) gym Abt has for at least an hour after work 5 days a week. My goal is to be able to feel comfortable in my clothes and (hopefully) be able to run a mile without stopping by this summer.
  • We (my coworker and I) are also going to bring our lunches every day. We are alternating days on bringing something for the both of us. Today it was tuna salad and tomorrow it is chicken cesar salad.
  • I want to be debt free by October.
  • I want to spent my money I allow for 'entertainment' very wisely and will try to think twice before spending money on something I want.
  • I want to be more forgiving when it comes to the stupid people I work with. I will try not to be as sarcastic when asked a stupid question.
  • I want to be a generally nicer person to those around me.
  • I want somebody to have to try really hard to hate me.
  • I want to be more open-minded when it comes to things out of my comfort zone.
  • If a friend wants to hang out, I will say yes unless there are prior obligations.
and most importantly
  • I want to be a better girlfriend.

No comments: